Following the CDC’s March 15 announcement encouraging all events/gatherings of 10 or more be cancelled for the next 8 weeks, schools being closed and the concern of parents, the Texas-Oklahoma District Key Club has determined it to be most prudent to cancel our LEDCON.
REGISTRATION–Schools who have already paid registration fees will be refunded 100%. Please send the desired check mailing instructions to Kelly Poland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who paid by PayPal will not receive the costs of the processing fees, only the registration fees.
CONTESTS–We still want to celebrate your successes with you and to that end we will be accepting MOST contest entries. We are working to temporarily amend the Code for Contests and Awards to accept certain others as electronic instead of paper as well as striking some from the Code. The District Board must first vote for those changes to take affect. Due to our By-Laws, that approval date can be no earlier than April 2, however we anticipate no opposition.
The contests proposed to be amended ineligible this year are the T-Shirt, Impromptu Essay, Quiz Bowl, Non-Digital Poster, Oratorical, Traditional and Non Traditional Scrapbook, Talent, Video Game and Theme Contest. The Digital Poster, Major Emphasis, Single Service, Club Achievement and Club Video are being amended to accept electronic entries for consideration. All other parameters of the scoring rubric remain in effect.
- To enter the contests, the Faculty Advisor (or designate) must:
- Use JotForm links found on document in DCON Resource google folder (click HERE) All these entries are due April 9, 2020.
- To enter DIGITAL POSTER, MAJOR EMPHASIS, SINGLE SERVICE, CLUB ACHIEVEMENT AND CLUB VIDEO. These 5 contests are due April 23, 2020
- Create a google drive folder with your club name.
- Scan or create one electronic file for each of the 4 amended entries seen above.
- Upload entries to the google folder.
- Send email to DCON@tokeyclub.com containing
- List of all contests entered to verify receipt of entry
- Provide a physical address to mail any award(s) won.
- Link to google folder
Winners will be announced on the our website, www.tokeyclub.com, no later than April 30, 2020. Plaques (no trophies this year) will be mailed to the winners at address provided in the email sent upon entering.
ELECTIONS–Elections of District Offices will be done by the District Board at the First Board Meeting held in July.
SCHOLARSHIPS–The Texas-Oklahoma District Foundation is working to determine scholarship winners. Please check our website www.tokeyclub.com/dcon for more information as it becomes available.
This is a strange and difficult time for us all. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Kenyon Black, Ryan Edmoundson and Kelly Poland