Voting for a Texas-Oklahoma Key Club District Mascot will soon open! Please read the descriptions below, discuss with your club and be prepared to VOTE for your #1 and #2 choices. (Only 1 vote per club Please)
10 Mascot Descriptions
Here are the reasons why the following 10 options would be a fittingmascot for the T-O District:
Here are the reasons why a Bison would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Bisons are indomitable spirits who will face any challenge with the fortitude to overcome similar to how T-O will face any obstacles with support and aid
- Has been integral to tribal culture providing Native Americans with basic necessities, similar to how Key Club provides warmth and care
- Strong and powerful like the mighty T-O District
- Symbols of protection and freedom
Here are the reasons why a Lion would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Mighty leaders of the jungle like how T-O is the mighty and largest District of Key Club International
- Courageous and determined like how Key Clubbers actively search for opportunities each day to help others as servant leaders
- Symbols of truth and self-reflection through service
- Believed to pass on a life changing skills to their progeny, similar to how the objectives of Key Club International are passed down to the each level
Here are the reasons why an Elephant would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Has “chiefs” that do most of the hard work for the herd like our student leaders who do work for our individual clubs
- Do not look at gender or age and are very unique like Key Club’s inclusiveness in thinking everyone is equal regardless of our differences
- Symbolize friendship and personal relationships which relates to the emotions our district shares
- Work in herds as a large group and in individual small groups which symbolizes our district, regions, divisions, clubs and members
- They have no predators which symbolizes us being the strongest district or the largest district. As well as the largest service organization altogether.
Here are the reasons why a Cowboy would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Symbolizes the south: Texas and Oklahoma
- Diverse and inclusive like Key Clubbers
- Took the job that no one else wanted and had to withstand harsh conditions with valor similar to how Key Club members have to brave to take action and initiate help
- Hard workers
- Symbols of determination and standing up for what’s right, no matter the cost
Here are the reasons why Wolves would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Possess very similar characteristics of Key Clubbers
- Sought to be leaders instead of followers like us
- They work together in a pack similar to how we work together and function as a district
- Are servant leaders and are on a mission to serve others
- Possess some major qualities that go with our Key Club mission- inclusiveness and caring. (Always evolving as wolves accept foreign wolves to their pack, we accept different diversities and ethnicities of people)
- In the past, one of the 2 main species of wolves called the Red Wolves roamed N. America and was found in parts of Texas and Oklahoma.
Here are the reasons why a Coyote would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Fierce & strong = like the mighty T-O!
- Form strong family groups like how Key Club is one big family
- Hunt and travel in packs, showing out district’s teamwork
- Shy creatures but very vocal when necessary
- Adaptable to the environment just like how we are cooperative with any situation given to us
Here are the reasons why an Otter would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Otters have strong family bonds they keep forever just like our T-O District.
- Like our district, Otters unite together to accomplish much for the good of the group.
- Otters symbolize progress which represents our district striving to end both major and minor problems our world faces.
Here are the reasons why a Whale would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Known as kind, loving animals similar to our district members
- Biggest animal species- representing our huge size as a district
- Are mammals and share many similar characteristics with humans
- Rule the oceans= we rule the international and they show our power we have to impact lives
Here are the reasons why a Cheetah would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Are driven and determined similar to us Key Clubbers
- Are a part of a cat family synonymous to our K-family
- Are fast animals representing that Key Clubbers are fast in their actions to serve
Here are the reasons why Giraffe would be a fitting mascot for the T-O district:
- Symbolizes our T-O District being very inclusive and unique because we allow anyone no matter what gender, race, or age.
- Symbolize thinking of the future, like when our members think of everything Key Club gives them such as scholarships and ways to help others.
- Don’t have one leader, they all randomly step up to lead at certain points. This represents our members who rise up and lead others to accomplish service.
- Like giraffes, Key clubbers take any opportunities to help others in their “family” and always try to make others happy.